Wedding venue tour, Questions to ask.
A wedding venue is the first essential you need to finalize before paying for any other wedding vendor although there is an exception for your wedding dress and jewelry. Now that you have done your research and found your perfect place for your prospective wedding reception.
Visiting the actual wedding venue should be next on your list of to-do things so you can make sure that you are not making a mistake. Once you arrive at your chosen venue before they start showing you the venue there are a couple of questions you need to ask.
Asking these types of questions will help you with the wedding planning process. For example, you will want to make sure that there is safe and plenty of parking bays for your guests. If you have any guests that are physically disabled make sure that their parking and access to all venues are wheelchair friendly.
These should include access to the lavatories if there are any liquor restrictions, child friendly, cancellation policies, etc.
Our questions below will prepare you to be ready when you are at the venue and not leave any essential details out.
You will have to make an appointment to gain access to wedding venues in South Africa. These include wedding venues like Memoire Wedding and function venue, Oakfield farm, Avianto wedding venue just to mention a few. Before visiting your chosen wedding reception venues make sure that the pricing you have meets your budget. You would not want to get overly excited about the venue that’s over and above your wedding budget.
These three key points will set you on the right path.
- Know your budget.
If the chosen wedding venue pricing is over and above your wedding budget it is better that you move on to the next affordable wedding venue on your list unless you are willing to cut down expenditure in non-essential items.
- Your Chosen wedding dates
If you have made up your mind about a specific date and not willing to change it, make sure the reception venue has that date open otherwise you will have to take a look at other wedding locations.
- Style or layout of the wedding venue.
This will be a deciding factor if you are booking the venue or moving on. If you are looking for a vintage or modern styled venue make sure the venue meets those requirements. If it doesn’t meet those requirements you probably have to cancel it off and don’t try to compromise your wedding wishes.
Questions to ask during your wedding venue meeting.
- What is the venue’s maximum holding capacity?
Why you need this information: This information will help you with finalizing your wedding guest list and your wedding budget. If space can hold half of the people you are planning to invite you might look into reducing your number. However, you have to make sure that you are making the right decision. The question to ask yourself- Is the wedding venue more important than your guest list.
- What’s the travel time between the ceremony venue and the reception venue?
This piece of information will help you arrange transport for your guests. If they choose to use their own transport be sure to calculate the travel time between the ceremony and the reception. It will be a bonus if the wedding venue you choose will have the ceremony and reception facilities for you.
- Does the wedding venue have a guest house? If not are there accommodations options that the wedding venue can recommend?
This is very important if you are having a destination wedding or if your wedding finishes off late at night. You wouldn’t want your guests driving long distances just to get to the venue and back. Usually, if the recommended place is over 30 minutes you might want to look at other wedding venue options.
- Are they any features that will make your choice not regrettable?
It’s important to know these because, some reception walls have high ceilings which are great, some have breathtaking views that will look good on wedding photography and wedding videography. Some venues like the ones in the coastal cities might have a beachfront which will be an added bonus for you and your guests.
- What are the main services that you offer and are they any extra charges for anything?
This is a very important question to ask because some venues are all-inclusive and you will want to know what you are paying for. While some have certain exclusions, which might leave you bankrupt and shocked when you leave everything until the wedding day.
- Does your venue have the following………?
- A marquee just in case you opt for an outdoor wedding ceremony or as a backup option or a VIP area.
- Back up plans just in case of emergency, like rain or an extreme change of weather.
- A wedding chapel just in case you choose to have the wedding ceremony in the same venue.
- The bar area where guests can sit and have a chat during the reception or after the wedding
- A bridal suite and groom’s room to do your preparations before the wedding and store your belongings.
- Honeymoon Suite for the bridal couple to have a great experience on their wedding night.
- Wheelchair friendly access points
- Safe parking for your guests
- Enough bathrooms for the number of guests you are inviting.
Further questions you might want to know about your chosen wedding venue are the following:
- Is there enough outdoor space?
- Are there enough plug points?
- When does the venue want you out, if you have to leave, and more importantly the check out time in the morning if you are spending the night at the wedding venue?
- What kind of restrictions is does the venue have?
- How many weddings does the venue have on any given day?
Finally, you need to ask about the deposit and the cancellation and the refund policy.
You need to ask about these policies because they are the binding factor between you and the wedding venue. You also need to go through the entire contract before committing, This is because you know that if anything happens you can be covered.
Wedding Vendor is your premium wedding website that publishes unbiased articles about any venue. We might have information that can help you secure the wedding venue of your choice. We strive and commit to providing you with trusted service providers so that everything goes well on your wedding day.